One of many vintage crafts from our fabulous IT Bride : Krystal
Burlap Bunting Banners:
What you need:
- Burlap ($3-5 a yard at Hobby lobby or Michael’s)
- Stencils of your choice ($2-3 any craft store)
- White paint ($3-6)
- Small paint brush ($3-5 – usually comes in packs)
- Desired fabric if you want any hearts for separation between letters
- E3000 glue ($3-5 Michael’s)
- Some sort of cording or trim to connect all the pieces/top part ($4 at Jo Anne’s)
4 hours or so (for both)
First cut the amount of burlap triangles needed (and in desired size) for whatever you are spelling out.
Remember to either create spaces on the banner for separate words or you can do an additional triangle with a heart, period or keep it black just so people know that it’s separate words (not one big long one when they are reading it)
Once all burlap pieces are cut start stenciling your letter on each one. I used white paint because it popped off the burlap really well! Make sure to have cardboard or paper towels underneath the burlap when you paint on it. It will bleed through a bit.
Once they dry you are ready to connect all your pieces to whatever trim or cording you chose. I carefully glued each piece to the trim one by one and let dry.
I used E3000 glue. It’s awesome for all types of materials and will definitely stay in place once dry.
Once everything is glued and dry..let it lay out to settle in place for a day and then store somewhere safe until you need it for your big day!